The beauty of this recipe is that it is high reward, low cook time, and you can sneak in many ingredients under the hood to create a culinary masterpiece. Some recipes call for breading and frying, but in this recipe simply bake for about 20 minutes, letting the unique taste of the cauliflower shine through. I am not a vegetarian, but definitely like to go through streaks where I take a break from meat. This is the perfect recipe for vegetarians, or for those abstaining from meat.
I like to pimp things out a bit, and add some turmeric for taste and color. I also overdo it on the Montreal Steak Seasoning and the hot sauce, but I like using big bold flavors when cooking. I have found a fantastic alternative to Frank’s Red Hot that I find I like even better. This is no affiliate plug–I am just a fan. Aldi’s has a great version of the latter called Burman’s Hot Sauce. It has more of a vinegar twang with a hint of garlic, which I used in this recipe. The turmeric also lends a subtle middle eastern flare. The end result is savory like a steak, and you will find that your eaters eat it all.
Sizzling, Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- metal bowl for mixing
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 tbsp olive oil Extra Virgin, of course!
- 2 tsp Adobo Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce Or use your favorite
- 2 tsp turmeric for color and flavor
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse cauliflower well, pulling off any thick leaves. Slice the head in half from the top (with stem on bottom)
- Notch out the tougher stalk at the bottom of each half with a chef's knife and start pulling apart the florets and slicing them off their mini stems. Slice the florets into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the florets into a bowl and pour the olive oil on top. Shake the bowl in a large rocking motion to mix the olive oil into the cauliflower. Add all dry seasonings. Continue to shake and 'roll the bowl' until well-blended.
- Dump the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet and distribute evenly. Set timer for 20 minutes and place in oven. You will want to check these in about 10 minutes and flip the florets over with a spatula to avoid browning them too much.
- Remove from oven and place in a serving bowl. Splash with extra hot sauce and serve hot. Enjoy!